Watermarks on specific page ranges

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

KBell
User

Watermarks on specific page ranges

Post by KBell » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:11 pm

I’m using Microsoft Access (VBA) to print a set of reports to individual PDF files, merge them into one single file, add an outline, add a version watermark to all pages, and add a watermark to each page as page numbers.

Everything works fine except for adding watermarks to each page. When trying to add a watermark to a page range, Access takes a catastrophic error and crashes.

I’m using the latest SDK Pro build (v.3.6102) and I have no problems with placing text using the following code:

Code: Select all

Watermark.m_PlaceType = PlaceType_AllPages
res = PXCp_AddWatermark(pdf, Watermark)
When I change the code to this:

Code: Select all

Dim wmPages(1) As Long
Watermark.m_PlaceType = PlaceType_Range
Watermark.m_NumRanges = 1
wmPages(0) = 3
wmPages(1) = 3
Watermark.m_Range = wmPages(0)        
res = PXCp_AddWatermark(pdf, Watermark)
The code compiles fine but when PXCp_AddWatermark executes, Access crashes. I’m hopping that I have something wrong in the way I’m declaring the range of pages. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,

Kevin

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:27 am

Hi Kevin,

we will need to take a closer look at this and come back - your patience is appreciated.

thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:19 pm

Hi Kevin,

Sorry - but we need a small sample demo app is possible to test this and come back as we cannot replicate.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

KBell
User

Post by KBell » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:51 am

No problem, thanks for the help.

I created a very simple Access 2000 database that seems to replicate the problem. There is a simple form with 2 buttons, one will add a watermark to all pages (works fine) and the other will try to put a page number watermark on page 3 (crashes Access). I think all you will need to do is change the paths to the input PDF file and the output file path.

I also tested the code in Visual Basic 6 and it generates a similar error. I’ve attached a JPG of the Access and VB error.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Kevin
Attachments
WaterMarkTest.zip
(104.56 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:37 am

Hi Kevin,

thanks - this is with our Projetc dev and will advise as soon as I have his response.

thanks for your patience.

Best regards
Tracker Support

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:36 am

Hi,

There is a small error in your code
+++

Watermark.m_NumRanges = 1
wmPages(0) = 3
wmPages(1) = 3
Watermark.m_Range = wmPages(0)
+++
the last line should be:

Watermark.m_Range = VarPtr(wmPages(0))

as we need to pass the address, the attached mdb includes this fix and works fine.

HTH
Attachments
WaterMarkTest.zip
Fixed
(139.67 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

Best regards
Tracker Support

KBell
User

Post by KBell » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:50 pm

Excellent! That’s all that was missing. :D

Thanks for the assistance.

Kevin

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:01 pm

Pleasure Kevin :)

Best regards
Tracker Support