PDF2Text problem. Cannot convert and mysterious error code

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

Irene Reid
User

PDF2Text problem. Cannot convert and mysterious error code

Post by Irene Reid » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:48 pm

Hi, hope someone can help

I have been using PDF2Text for a few years now and it has caused little problems over millions of messages. However today a pdf was submitted which PDF2Text threw out. It generated the error -2113526000. I can open the PDF via acrobat and cannot see anything wrong with it.

How do I find out what this error code means

thanks

Irene

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:59 pm

Hi Irene,

Can you provide a copy of the PDF for us to look at and analyse please - we can then advise.

If for any reason you do not wish to post here (zipped) - please email to usrfilestracker-software.com with a link to this forum message in the body of the email.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Irene Reid
User

pdf request

Post by Irene Reid » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:03 pm

Hi again

this is a customer document, so I have just asked our service desk to contact the customer for approval of sending you their doc. I will get back to you asap

thanks

irene

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:12 pm

No problem - will be here when you are ready.

You might also want to check that the document is not made up of scanned or image only content - in which case there could be no text to extract - the document would have to be OCR'd to convert the content where possible.

You could always also download a demo copy of the PDF-Tools Wizard application we offer to end users and even in evaluation mode this would provide a useful look at what content could be extracted - there is even an option to extract to RTF/.DOC (RTF being more reliable)

http://www.tracker-software.com/downloads/users/

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

Irene Reid
User

Post by Irene Reid » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:51 am

Good morning

I have had a reply from our customer and unfortunately we cannot send you the pdf as that would breach confidentiality.

Can you tell me what the error code I quoted indicates?

thanks

Irene

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:05 am

Morning Irene,

That is unfortunate - it is going to be very hard to help without it as that error code indicates that the there was "Insufficient memory".

can you please provide more info about your application -:

1: Which version of the PDF-XChange libraries are you using ?

PDF2Text is from our older Version 3 libraries and the later V3.6x may well resolve the issue you are having - but of course this is hard to say for sure as we cannot analyse the file.

2: which version of the Acrobat format is this file and which product created the PDF you are having problems with ?

3: Are you sure this is not an image based file only - and therefore there is no text to extract ?

did you try the PDF-Tools end user tool I suggested and if so - what was the result ?

Best regards
Tracker Support