Draw Elipse at existing PDF

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

docprobr
User

Draw Elipse at existing PDF

Post by docprobr » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:19 pm

I have the PDF Tools 3.6. It´s possible read an existing PDF and draw some transparente ellipse, to draw exist the function PXC_Ellipse, But to read an existing document ? just found to create new.

Thanks

Paulo

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Draw Elipse at existing PDF

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 pm

You need to use the XCPRO library - not the pxclib library - the first is for opening and modifying files - the latter for creating.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

docprobr
User

Post by docprobr » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks.

To create the Ellipse which command was used ? At help see Add3dAnnotation. AddLineAnnotation, but not Ellipse.

Regards

Paulo

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Hello Paulo,

Using only the PDF Tools sdk you might have to create the Ellipse in a separate file, and then using PXCp_PlaceContents add it in your existing one.

Alternatively you can use our Viewer and execute some JS code in it that will add the ellipse for you.

Regards,
Stefam

docprobr
User

Post by docprobr » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Hello Stefan,

I didnt find the PXCp_PlaceContents in pcxlib neither in xcpro. I use the version 3.6.

I am confused, Pcxlib create and make all attributes(create lines, circle, etc) that I need in PDF. But I already had the PDFs and I need open and make this "attributes". Can I cross the dlls ? Open with XCPro, place all page content at new PCxlib document and create the elipses, lines, etc ?

Thanks

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:26 am

Hello docprobr,

I am afraid that V3.6 has been discontinued for several years, and we are no longer able to provide any code changes for that SDK, and support will also be quite limited. I don't even have it installed so I don't have the help file either - but please look at the PXCp_ methods (the XCPro library intended for working with existing files) for an alternative to PXCp_PlaceContents. If there is none - then you will need to consider upgrading your SDK license to our current latest so that you can get access to the methods discussed above.

Regards,
Stefan