problem adding URL bookmarks

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

Kake
User

problem adding URL bookmarks

Post by Kake » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:34 am

Hi,

Ran into a problem when adding URL bookmarks with the xcpro35 library (function PXCp_BMInsertITem()). When adding the URL bookmarks as the last child of the parent (using the "PBM_LAST" option) only the first and last bookmarks get added. Say I add five URL bookmarks, only the first and fifth are added, etc. All bookmarks get added fine, however, when adding them as the first child using the "PBM_FIRST" option. But, I cannot use that option, I need to add them as the last child. There was a problem in an old version with the caching of bookmarks when merging multiple documents and adding bookmarks (some bookmarks got lost), could this be the same kind of problem?

Using build 91. Also tried it with the newest build, but the problem was still there.

Also, this problem only occurs with URL bookmarks, when adding normal bookmarks as the last child everything works fine.

Thanks in advance,
- Panu R.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:11 am

Hi Paul,

In principle it should not matter which type of bookmark you insert at a specified position (the difference is only in the manner created internally), so maybe problem is not with insertion itself - but some other related matter.

However to allow us to reproduce and if necessary correct - or advise you how to create these reliably - we will need a small sample project (both compiled and source) along with all supporting files and the PDF's themselves to allow us to recreate the issue - as soon as we have we will invetsigate further.

Please zip any files sent and remove any license info from your code when posting to the forums - thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Kake
User

Post by Kake » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:54 am

Hi,
In principle it should not matter which type of bookmark you insert at a specified position (the difference is only in the manner created internally), so maybe problem is not with insertion itself - but some other related matter.
Upon further review I found the problem. I had not read the help file carefully enough and was trying to use the "PBM_LAST" option when bmParent was not Null :oops: . Now that I set bmInsertAfter to the previous bookmark's handle it works. For some reason though when adding normal bookmarks using "PBM_LAST" and a handle for bmParent they get added just fine. Will go back and correct that as well, just to be sure. Thanks for your help and the quick reply.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:20 pm

Pleased you got there - do let us know if you have any further problems :)

Thanks for coming back !
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com