Can't load xcpro35.dll

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

TerryHunter
User

Can't load xcpro35.dll

Post by TerryHunter » Thu May 04, 2006 10:59 am

John: Trying to run the 3.5Demo in VB.net. Also, how can I use the sdk to print a pdf file to tif, without manually loading the file. In other words, I need to convert (without user intervention) from PDF to Tif and Tif to PDF (under the covers)
Terry Hunter
'Bringing Reason to Real Estate'

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu May 04, 2006 3:20 pm

Hi Terry,

which demo are you trying to use - also have you ensured that the demo app is located with all the required dll's ?

I suggest you copy the demo app to the \bin folder where these reside usually.

You cannot Print to TIFF using PDF-XChange /Tools - you must use TIFF-XChange for this puprose - unless you are sure all the content is already image based content only (rather than objects such as text, drawings etc) - if this is the case you can then extract that image content to a TIFF file - there are several demo app's showing this.

To Convert to PDF from image fromat - again you would not print to PDF - but use the DLL methods as demonstrated in the demo app's.

I would suggest you look at this demo app assuming you are using VB.NET

XcPro35DemoVBnet.exe
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

TerryHunter
User

Post by TerryHunter » Thu May 04, 2006 7:10 pm

John: I will check out the dll location.
My goal is to check a PDF to see if it will load properly in my application. If not (eg locked pdf, pdf "flavor" not handled by my application, etc.), then I want to convert (NOT print with user intervention, should be WITHOUT user intervention) the offending pdf to a tif, then convert the tif to a well-behaved, obedient pdf.
I didn't see any way with the Tif-XChange to do this. What am I missing here?
Terry
Terry Hunter
'Bringing Reason to Real Estate'

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Sat May 06, 2006 11:23 am

Hi Terry,

TIFF-XChange SDK can (in fact ideally should) print without user intervention the PDF to TIFF using Acrobat Viewer as the output source - whilst our VB demo app supplies a user UI allowing the user to select and name the source and output file - this can be coded to supply these 2 values programmatically and in the back ground - naturally though the point of the SDK demo's is to show you one way to achieve a given goal - how you code you final app is entirely up to you.

This is the TIFF-XChange SDK demo app I suggest you look at as a starter (attached).

But it does require the SDK install - not the standard end user installation - available here :

http://www.tracker-software.com/downloads/dev/

(4th download from the bottom of list) - this will also update your end user TIFF-XChange driver - version 3 install if you have one already.

Hope that helps
Attachments
PDF2TIFFVB.zip
PDF2TIFFVB
(10.94 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com