Blank tiff creating problem

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

twinklekumarp
User

Blank tiff creating problem

Post by twinklekumarp » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:39 am

Hi there,

We are using pdftools within our application to convert images to pdf.
we are doing such thing within one ATL NT windows service. Now what this service is doing : It frequently checks one folder where it expect .eml file which is sent by either digital sender or fax machine or by fax card.

It means within this eml file there is an attachment of the document as an image (generally tiff). Now what is happening was while processing one blank tiff image it gives me following error message : "Unhandled exception at 0x017924e2 in DocImport.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0291f000." - Actully we are doing error handling properly but then also it dies and our service was stop immediately.

Here i am attaching one zip file which has following three things:

1) .eml file which has that blank tiff image attachment. You can extract that image attachment and try to process.

2) I am attaching the code which we are using to do some processing

Note: Within the it throws the exception while calling "PDFXC2_PlaceImage" function.

3) screen shot of the message from the event log of the system.

Note: Event message shows that the exception is coming from one dll named "img_xchg.dll".

Thanks
Attachments
Blank tiff.zip
(34.07 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Hi, I m twinkle patel and working on .net platform and want to work on image processing.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:45 am

Can you advise please :

1: The Build of PDF-Tools being used (see the properties of any of our DLL's - i.e. 3.5099 is the latest)

2: Are our dll's all located in the same folder as your service 'exe' and if so - please advise all of those dll's you have copied to this folder.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:28 pm

Hi,

On investigating further - it seems that we have located a possible issue with one dll - please replace your existing :

ixclib30.dll

With the one attached - hope this solves your issue - please advise either way,

thanks
Attachments
ixclib30.zip
ixclib30.dll
(245.67 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

twinklekumarp
User

Post by twinklekumarp » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi There,

Actually we are using PDF-XChange V2.5 SDK for our application.

We have create one COM component by implementing and overriding some function and we are using this COM component within our service. So there is only one .dll that we are using for our service so no need to copy all the dll's where .exe resides.

And we don't have any dll like you suggested to change ixclib30.dll. As i mentioned earlier we are getting exception for img_xchg.dll.

Let me know any more infomration required.

Thanks,
Twinkle
Hi, I m twinkle patel and working on .net platform and want to work on image processing.

twinklekumarp
User

Post by twinklekumarp » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:07 pm

Hi There,

The dll which is giving error img_xchg.dll has version 1.0.0.15

Thanks,
Twinkle

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:17 pm

Hi,

I regret the only way to resolve this issue for sure is going to be to use the latest release 3.5x ...

Version 2.5 is now no longer maintained and issues cannot be corrected if found.

Best regards
Tracker Support

twinklekumarp
User

Post by twinklekumarp » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:05 am

Hi John,

If we purchased the new version of PDF-Xchange 3.5x then will this issue going to be resolved??

It will be great help if we can resolve this issue with 2.5 because if we will be using 3.5x then it takes lots of time to change the existing one for development and testing.

Thanks,
Twinkle

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 am

Hi,

The best way to check before purchasing is to download the latest evalutaion SDK and test with this - it is fully functional - even in evaluation mode.

If Version 3.5 has any problems - you do at least have our guarentee that unless it is an issue with the PDF format itself - or you are attempting to do something just not possible - we will resolve any bugs found in the current release in as timely a manner as possible - somehting we cannot do in earlier releases I am afraid.

Thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support