This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.
Adobe Acrobat dialog box comes up and the PDF is not printed: "An error occured while downloading a font. This document might not print correctly." This happens on some PC's. Might be a combination of version of Adobe Acrobat or Reader, fonts installed, Printer and printer driver. But it should work for all cases. It's because the "stamp" I've added with the SDK this error comes.
If I check in Reader I can see that all fonts are embedded.
I use XCPro35_Defs.PXCp_AddWatermark to add some text to the PDF.
Can you see if there is something wrong with this PDF?
I downloaded and installed the latest version.
I grabbed the latest dll's dated around 2006-03-13
I copied them to the server where the installation is and replaced the existing ones. (is that enough?)
I created a new PDF and still got the same problem.
It seems to be related to Adobe Reader 5 and when printing to a PostScript printer.
I tried another font just in case it had to do with using ISOCPEUR but that didn't help. I also tried on a HP printer with a PS driver and that did actually work so it might be a combination of Adobe and Canon that this problem relates to.
Thanks for looking at this anyway. I'll see if I can get someone at Canon to look at it since it works in newer versions of Reader. I can get the users inhous to use Reader 7 but it's harder with customers that are going to get these documents. And on the other hand I have some major problems with the printing in Reader 7 that works at least a bit better in 5 so I might take a look at your viewer product when it's ready for a test drive.