PXC_EnableLinkAnalyzer vs PXC_AddLink

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

acs2000
User

PXC_EnableLinkAnalyzer vs PXC_AddLink

Post by acs2000 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:52 pm

A little background:
The program my company develops uses links to navigate to a particular part within the program itself (not the PDF). For example, the href contains "acs2000:QuoteLink=/6100|Change Policy" title="Change Policy"

From what I can gather, the PXC_EnableLinkAnalyzer only works on valid web URLs. Am I correct in thinking that it will not work in this case?

Would PXC_AddLink be sufficient for accomplishing what we need or is this not possible?

Thanks,
Darren
Attachments
RateSource.zip
Example current HTML file
(15.42 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:44 am

Hi Darren,

1. Yes, the LinkAnalyzer built-in into PDF-XChange will not treat such text as a valid URL.

2. You should use PXC_AddLink - for this function. it does not matter what is located within the rectangle under the link, this function will not analyze the passed URL

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com