How to Add/Insert an Image to an existing pdf file?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

ranyousong
User

How to Add/Insert an Image to an existing pdf file?

Post by ranyousong » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:51 am

How to Add/Insert an Image to an existing pdf file?Could you give me a sample of C/C++ code.
thank you!
I want to use your sdk

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:08 pm

Hi,

there is an example in the SDK download for this called 'TestPro35' (see the Bin folder for the exe to run and the examples flder for the surce code)

this should help - if not please do come back

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

ranyousong
User

thanks

Post by ranyousong » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:48 am

I've already seen that example,and I compiled it successful.

but I don't know how to add an image to an existing pdf file yet.

I saw c++ code,that use "PXC_PlaceImage" function to implement to insert image to pdf file like PDFLIB's function of "PDF_fit_image/PDF_place_image".

Could you give a sample ?thank you!
I want to use your sdk

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:22 am

Hi,

If you wish to add an image by adding another page to the PDF- you would need to append a page - if you need to place the image on an existing page you would need to add it as a watermark - could you please advise which you wish to do and I will try and assist further.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

ranyousong
User

thanks

Post by ranyousong » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:51 am

thank you very much!
I'll add the image to an existing page,and it'll not add another page to that pdf file.
I want to use your sdk

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:53 pm

Hi,

There is an example already in the evaluation SDK showing Watermarks being used (you must use the Watermarks function in the xcpro35.dll library to add an image to an existing page, xcpro35 replaces xcpro30)

See the TestPro35.exe in the installation \Bin folder

and for the source is located :

\PDF-Tools35SDK\SDKExamples\CExamples\TestPro35

also please see the help file xcpro35.chm for info on the PXCp_AddWatermark function:

HTH

Best regards
Tracker Support