fm30*.dll

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

gmyers
User

fm30*.dll

Post by gmyers » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:34 pm

In the course of upgrading to 3.5, I am try to identify DLLs that we do not use. We call functions exported from pxclib30.dll and xcpro35.dll, and I have determined which dlls those need (dscrt30.dll, ixclib30.dll, pxclib30.dll, and xccdx30.dll) by trying to start the application. We do not call any of the functions exported from netlib30.dll, xcloc30.dll, or xcscan30.dll so I have eliminated those. We do not use the ActiveX interface, so I have eliminated pxc30com.dll.

This leaves me with fm30base.dll, fm30tiff.dll, and fm30xmf.dll. Brief testing shows that the app works without these files in place, but I hesitate to remove them without knowing what they do. From other forum posts, it appears that they are involved in image processing, but I was hoping to find out a little more.

Specifically, which APIs in pxclib30.dll and xcpro35.dll can potentially fail if these dlls are not available? We don't do any direct image manipulation, and we primarily use PXC_GetContentDC to generate pages since we use a number of third-party components that want a windows DC to print to. We use also PXCp_InsertPagesTo to merge in PDF content from outside our system (created by almost anything).

gmyers

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:20 am

Along with pxclib30.dll and xcpro35.dll - you will also need pdfstr35.dll for sure.

The 3 files :

fm30base.dll
fm30tiff.dll
fm30xmf.dll

Relate to image conversion/extraction and support specific formats - if utilising any image based functions you will require fm30base.dll and possibly the others - more detail on the purpose of each dll and its properties is available in the help file PDFLib30Help.chm under the Topic 'Redistribution ...'

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com