Viewing PDF Files in a Browser

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

rsteeves
User

Viewing PDF Files in a Browser

Post by rsteeves » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:56 pm

I need to store a multipage PDF file in a SQL Server 2000 database and then retrieve it in a browser window using ASP. Does the PDFXChange 3.0 software provide any kind of capability for this? I have also sent an email request for info on your PDF Viewer. This is a very hot project for me.
Roy Steeves

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:47 pm

thanks for your (email)/ interest.

However I regret ours is still very much in development and a useable version is at least 3 months or more away.

Originally we had intended to make use of various Windows API's, some open source rendering tools etc along with our own tools to cut down development time.

However it soon became clear that this was not a viable solution as the quality of reproduction on screen was just too poor. We have now embarked on a set of new libraries, 100% of which is our own technology, to ensure that all fonts/graphics/objects are rendered as failthfully as possible - this has extended the required project and development times beyond our original estimates.

We will of course advise you just as soon as we have something ready for you to evaluate.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com