Need clarification before buying

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

mrnags
User

Need clarification before buying

Post by mrnags » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:42 pm

We need following features :

1) open pdf from file or stream
2) search and highlight the search term
3) Save to file or stream.

I am creating a VB.NET winforms application just to view pdf with search functionality.
I am not too particular about annotation, bookmarks, watermarking features.

Importantly, I want to have my own textbox for entering 'search' term. Also, I need to alter the 'search' term through a funciton, before doing actual search. (this is needed in order to do accomplish proper searching for our language). I may have to use my own GUI to handle various operations like search, zoom, navigation etc..

is all that possible with activex?

I am confused with the licensing details provided in the site.
What license i actually need?

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Need clarification before buying

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Hello mrnags,

Seems like you have posted in the wrong forum.
What you need is functionality available in our Viewer AX SDKs:
http://www.tracker-software.com/product ... ctivex-sdk

And yes, reading and writing to stream is possible, and for highlighting you could select any text in a document and then highlight it using the "HighlightSelection" method.

Best,
Stefan