New issue - displaying Asian wide characters

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

ken66
User

New issue - displaying Asian wide characters

Post by ken66 » Tue May 24, 2005 9:05 pm

I have attached a Visual C++ 6 project where I am just trying to output a single Japanese string to a PDF file. When I try to do this from my English XP PC the only character that is displayed is the colon ':' (this is something we were able to do with our old PDF library). Anyhow, I then tried it on a Japanese 2000 PC and nothing appeared in the PDF. I'm not sure if this is a font problem but I have tried a couple of fonts I know have worked in my Windows app for Japanese.

Thank you for you time
Attachments
Asiantest.zip
(877.47 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed May 25, 2005 9:17 am

Hi Ken,

The problem occurs because you have used a font (Standard "Arial" ) which does not contain Japanese characters.

When your code is changed to use "Arial Unicode MS" all text is present without any problems.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

ken66
User

Post by ken66 » Wed May 25, 2005 2:48 pm

Thank you very much!

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu May 26, 2005 9:28 am

Pleasure ;)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com