PDF-Xchange Pro Clarion version 4 - questions

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

koenchen
User

PDF-Xchange Pro Clarion version 4 - questions

Post by koenchen » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:21 pm

Hi,
I have the folowing questions:
1. When will version 4 of the PDF-Xchange Pro SDK for Clarion will be released?
2- Will it be possible to print a pdf file in a report, just the same way as it is possible to print a jpeg file,
I want to add extra text to a imported pdf without editing the original pdf?
3- Is it possible to create several layers in a pdf-file with PDF-Xchange SDK?

Koen

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-Xchange Pro Clarion version 4 - questions

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:34 pm

Hi Koen,

Thanks for your message - version 4 is now ready for release - we are just finalising the installers - so any day now.

RE: item 2 - not quite sure what you mean here, if you mean print a PDF to Paper - then yes - using the PDF-XChange Viewer SDK - to which all our V4 PDF SDK users receive a limited distribution free to use - please see here for more detailed info on what is by 'limited free distribution' (its not a Royalty Free product)

http://www.tracker-software.com/home/de ... iewer_SDK/

The Viewer (ActiveX version) will also allow you to add text/annotations/images etc to an existing PDF - but requires C6 (the COM support in C5/C55 is not sufficient)

3: Sorry - at this time we do not strictly support layers - but I suspect you will not need this anyway as you can add comments/text as a transparent object.

Hope that helps.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

koenchen
User

Post by koenchen » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:47 pm

Good to hear version 4 will be released soon for Clarion.
As to my question concerning item 2: printing pdf from within a Clarion report.
What I want to achieve is the following: when someone sends me for instance an invoice (A4 - pdf), I want to save data about this pdf in my database. Afterwards I want to print the data from my database below the invoice, so that I can show what has happened with this invoice. The original invoice should be downsized (layouted) so that invoice and database data are printed together and are not split into two pages. You can compare it as printing a Clarion report with an image control. The control will not fill the whole page so there is enough room to add data.
This should of course also work for a multipaged pfd original (each pdf page+ text printed on another page ).
Will this be possible using Clarion reports and if not, are there alternative ways to achieve this with PDF-XChange /Pro?
Will overlays or merging do the trick?

Thanks,

Koen Chen

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi Koen,

Yes - overlays would work fine - or also the other and possibly simpler option would be just to add the new info as a text watermark on the orignal PDF - by the way. Adding either woudl not actually require our print drivers - just our DL library functions as availabel in the PDF-Tools SDK - so unless I misunderstand you needs - you do not need our print drivers - but our PDF-Tools SDK.

The crucial difference really is if the original form is common to all the PDF's you will create - will always be the same - this would then suggest the overlay is best - but if the form and the text will always differ I suspect the watermark might be simpler.

By the way - both are possible now using Version 3.

If you want to print to paper - you would use our PDF-XChange Viewer SDK which is inlcuded with the Tools SDK for free and provided you do not need to distribute to in excess of 2500 end user clients desktops - after which additioonal fees are payable.

Hope that helps
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Return to “PDF-XChange Drivers (only) API SDK - For Clarion For Windows Developers only Please”