Query about Hand Coding Examples in your Documentation

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

julian
User

Query about Hand Coding Examples in your Documentation

Post by julian » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:50 pm

Hello,

"Demo Version".

I have downloaded PDFXV3SDKPRO for Clarion today hoping to look at hand coding examples at Procedure level but it doesn't seem to work as documented on p355 of PDFTools36W.pdf or p57 of PDFXCDriver30.pdf, the printout just goes through to the default printer.

Please see atachment as "Bare Bones" - no frills required example.

I note that although undocumented, the DOS Driver needs includng in the project (done that).

All we need at this moment in time is handcoded PDF generation from Clarion 5.5 Reports.

Your help would be appreciated.

Kind regards : Julian.
Attachments
PDFtest.zip
Contains hand coded program & project files only.
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:46 pm

Hi Julian!

From your code:

Code: Select all

Free(PreviewQ)

Open(Report)
    Loop Loc:i = 1 to 50
      Print(RPT:Detail)
>>  ENDPAGE(Report)
You need to put an ENDPAGE(Report) line after your last Print() command or the WMF's are not "closed" and can't be accessed. It's a not-well-documented "Clarion thing".

I added that line and it worked fine. Please note that if you do not provide a fully-qualified filename, the PDF default directory is the Windows Temporary directory for your PC.

HTH!
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

julian
User

Post by julian » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:27 am

Dear Craig,

Thank you that sorted it.

Couple more questions...

1. Is there updated documentation for manual methods that I might use? ie: parameter detail for methods such as SetPaper & SetCompression, plus others.

2. I want to control appearance of tools bars/menubar/UI etc within the final PDF, which method does that? I can see this described for "template users" but hand coder documentation is bit sparse (or I haven't found it yet).

Looking good so far & thank you for your help.

Julian.

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm

Hi Julian!
1. Is there updated documentation for manual methods that I might use? ie: parameter detail for methods such as SetPaper & SetCompression, plus others.
It's in the documentation, but not laid out well. We're improving that slowly as we find time from other projects.
2. I want to control appearance of tools bars/menubar/UI etc within the final PDF, which method does that? I can see this described for "template users" but hand coder documentation is bit sparse (or I haven't found it yet).
The "template user" docs will help you as they describe what's available. One trick I suggest hand-coders use is to make an app with just a single Report procedure, populate with the global and report templates, set the template values to what they need, and then open the report proc in the Embeditor and copy-and-paste the generated code. It sounds a little clumsy but it's actually quite fast.

One thing to know: the various viewer control options (menu, panes, bars, etc.) are "initial default only" - the user can quite easily circumvent them in most viewers.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support

julian
User

Post by julian » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:56 am

Thanks Craig

Yep, we all have the same problem, there's only 24hrs in the day so it's product first, documentation later :)

Still - you've got a good product so we'll be ordering shortly.

Regards

Julian.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:33 pm

Thanks Julian :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

Return to “PDF-XChange Drivers (only) API SDK - For Clarion For Windows Developers only Please”