Clarion 9.1 missing pdfbld40.clw?

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

dmjung
User

Clarion 9.1 missing pdfbld40.clw?

Post by dmjung » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:53 pm

I'm working on migrating to C9.1 and have switched a Clarion/legacy template DLL app over to using the latest scanning tools downloaded this morning.

I'm getting the following error during a build: Source file pdfbld40.clw not found

I've searched for this file on my machine and don't see it anywhere...

--David

dmjung
User

Re: Clarion 9.1 missing pdfbld40.clw?

Post by dmjung » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:08 pm

I did find a pdfbld40.inc in the accessories libsrc.

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:27 am

Hi David!

That's strange. pdfbld40.clw is one of our older class files and is the mate to pdfbld40.inc. I just checked and it is not being installed by the latest installer.

I'll be able to post a copy sometime tomorrow after I obtain access to an archive of older material.

As you are taking the plunge into 9.1, you should SERIOUSLY consider updating your app to use the 4.1 templates, as this is where all the new features are being added. Version 4.0 was really only a stop gap to assist the transition from PDF-Tools version 3 to version 4 libraries. There us a 4-step process specified in PdfTools41CW.pdf (on page #10) that will assist you in making the transition. You should only have to do this once for each of your apps, as we intend to maintain backwards compatibility to this release.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:28 am

Hi David!

That's strange. pdfbld40.clw is one of our older class files and is the mate to pdfbld40.inc. I just checked and it is not being installed by the latest installer.

I'll be able to post a copy sometime tomorrow after I obtain access to an archive of older material.

As you are taking the plunge into 9.1, you should SERIOUSLY consider updating your app to use the 4.1 templates, as this is where all the new features are being added. Version 4.0 was really only a stop gap to assist the transition from PDF-Tools version 3 to version 4 libraries. There us a 4-step process specified in PdfTools41CW.pdf (on page #10) that will assist you in making the transition. You should only have to do this once for each of your apps, as we intend to maintain backwards compatibility to this release.
Craig Ransom

dmjung
User

Post by dmjung » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:23 pm

I'll look at 4.1 today...thanks.

Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi David!
dmjung wrote:I'll look at 4.1 today...thanks.
Good deal! That's where all the new development is taking place.
Craig Ransom

dmjung
User

Post by dmjung » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:36 pm

I think I've got everything over to 4.1 now and will start testing to see where we are with functionality this afternoon...

--David

dmjung
User

Post by dmjung » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Craig,

I'm still sorting out C9.1 with scanning 4.1.

I got an index out of range error on an early test. Recompiling without debug seemed to get rid of it. I'm kind of remembering that the index out of range option needed to be turned off if compiling in debug mode. Is this still the case?

--David

Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi David!

I'll check on that as soon as I can get access to our backup archives. Having some FTP issues here, should solve by tomorrow.
Craig Ransom

Return to “PDF-XChange Drivers (only) API SDK - For Clarion For Windows Developers only Please”