Create pdf from html

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

mnikolai
User

Create pdf from html

Post by mnikolai » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:52 am

While thinking about the great possibilities with PDF-XChange Drivers implemented in my apps I do fear the drawbacks that I have relying on other software AND settings to be able to create a pdf out of html before converting the file using PDF-XChange.
Once I am not able to make a html file print - I cannot create a pdf file.
So my question:
Is creation of a rtf or html file with any other of your products easier?
Do you know of any other possibility to get this html file printed?
Is it possible to do an own Shellexecute or run command?

I am using FileExplorer from Capesoft which provides a fehtmlEditor that is able to print a html file. Is it possible to use this to print to the pdfXChange Driver?

While I like the template I like to know if it is possible to use the class/function in handcoded apps.
Regards,
Michael

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:46 am

Hi,

In the next release available this weekend we have made some changes that should make this easier for you - please give us a couple of days and the doc's will explain how to facilitate.

We offer no rtf/html creation tools I am afraid

Thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:08 pm

Hi Mike!

Yes you can certainly hand-code with the class files! We recommend that if you do this to first generate a procedure using the templates and then copy and paste the relevant code to your hand-coded procedure. After that you can tweak to your heart's content!

We are adding a second Run() method that will allow you to select an executable to use for printing a file, instead of just using the File Association Print action.

HTH!
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Return to “PDF-XChange Drivers (only) API SDK - For Clarion For Windows Developers only Please”