Filling in an AcroForm

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

alanlschoolcraft
User

Filling in an AcroForm

Post by alanlschoolcraft » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Craig,

I'm using CW9.1. I checked the example app for creating a pdf but, I need to programmatically fill-in and then print an AcroForm.

I can't find any info in the documentation and I can't find a demo app. I assume I am overlooking something. Can you point me in the right direction?

Alan

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Re: Filling in an AcroForm

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi Alan!

PDF-Tools does not have a feature to fill in an AcroForm. That capability is available in the PDF-Viewer ActiveX.

Assuming you are using PDF-Tools 4.x, you have an add-on license to distribute up to 2500 copies of programs that use the PDF-Viewer ActiveX, but you will have to fill out the license form that you should find in your Public Documents folder tree \SoftVelocity\Clarion10\accessory\TrackerSP\docs\PDF-Viewer\PDF-XChange Viewer SDK.pdf Just print it out, initial all but the last page in the lower right corner, and fill out the right side of the last page. Then scan the license pages into a PDF and email it to sales@tracker-software.com.

You can find demo programs that handle AcroForms in the same Public Documents folder tree at \SoftVelocity\Clarion10\accessory\TrackerSP\PDF-Viewer\PdfVAx20. Check the documentation for the demo file descriptions.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Return to “PDF-Tools SDK (DLL Libraries Only) - Clarion For Windows Developers Only Please”