Progress Window issues

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

alanlschoolcraft
User

Progress Window issues

Post by alanlschoolcraft » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi Craig,

Using CW 9.1.11529
ABC Templates
PDF-Tools Report Global Template v4.1
no other third party previewers or report addons

1. While my pdf is being generated, PDF-Tools displays the attached progress window. I have two problems with it:
- the progress bar is not updated until just before the window closes. (it is open several seconds)
- The filename display is too short so that only part of it shows

If absolutely, I can modify the template to resolve the filename issue. If I could change the caption I wouldn't need to display the filename.

2. Is there any documentation on using the Clarion templates. I would like to know what the various settings do but I can't find anything on your website.

I have a couple more issues but these are the most pressing right now.

(P.S.) I tuned into the ClarionLive presentation the other day specifically to try to learn more about this cool product - too bad you didn't have enough time to really cover anything.

Thanks,

Alan

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Re: Progress Window issues

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:45 pm

1. While my pdf is being generated, PDF-Tools displays the attached progress window. I have two problems with it:
- the progress bar is not updated until just before the window closes. (it is open several seconds)
- The filename display is too short so that only part of it shows
You can just shut off the display of the window entirely, if you want to. It's on the Procedure Extension template, Previewer tab, Show Generate PDF.
If I could change the caption I wouldn't need to display the filename.
I'll consider adding that in the next release.
Is there any documentation on using the Clarion templates. I would like to know what the various settings do but I can't find anything on your website.
Look in your Public Documents folder tree for the Clarion examples. Our docs and demos are in the TrackerSP subfolders.
I tuned into the ClarionLive presentation the other day specifically to try to learn more about this cool product - too bad you didn't have enough time to really cover anything.
I got dragooned into that at the last minute, and had no time to prepare anything.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

alanlschoolcraft
User

Post by alanlschoolcraft » Wed May 06, 2015 11:16 am

Craig,

I turned off the progress display and am instead STARTing my own progress window during the PDF conversion process. (Using PDF-Tools on a CW 9.1 Report procedure)

I would still prefer to be able to display your progress window if it actually updates during the conversion process. So, my question is - is the PDF Tools progress window's progress control supposed to update, or is it just designed to show the window. If it's the latter, I'll quit trying to fix the progress control.

Thanks,

Alan

alanlschoolcraft
User

Post by alanlschoolcraft » Wed May 06, 2015 11:31 am

Craig,

Just a quick clarification on the post I just made..

The progress control does update when the conversion moves to another page. But, since it takes 7-10 seconds to process each page, I'm wanting something to show that the computer hasn't locked up.

Alan

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Thu May 07, 2015 11:20 am

Hi Alan!

That 7-10 seconds per page sounds wrong somehow. It shouldn't take that long to generate one page.

You could go into the pdfrpt41.clw file and look for the Generate procedures, and add an animated GIF to the Window. There are different ones available here and there. I'm thinking of one that looks like a pinwheel. I don't happen to have any myself.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Return to “PDF-Tools SDK (DLL Libraries Only) - Clarion For Windows Developers Only Please”