how to create a pdf without a preview or hardcopy

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

mark416
User

how to create a pdf without a preview or hardcopy

Post by mark416 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:44 pm

I'm using PDFXToolsReport30 - PDF-Tools Report Template 3.6 in a Clarion 6.3 legacy app. I've been trying to get the app to just generate a pdf report (using CPCS report), without user interaction. I don't want a print preview to appear, just create a pdf file.

However, whenever I disable the print preview, the report just goes to the printer. I feel I've tried every permutation of Generate PDF, Show Generate PDF and Run Print Previewer, but I can't get it to generate a pdf without a report preview. What am I doing wrong?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

--Mark

mark416
User

Re: how to create a pdf without a preview or hardcopy

Post by mark416 » Sat May 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Problem solved!! Fwiw, the mistake was that I was using the same variable to activate the print preview on the report properties and the show preview on the extension template. Instead, I needed separate variables for each. The report preview (set on the report properties) should to be active, but the show preview (on the extension template) should be off.

Glad that's resolved.

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: how to create a pdf without a preview or hardcopy

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Mon May 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi Mark,

thanks not only for the post but also for the follow up. I'm really pleased to see that you not only sorted this out but provided the solution to your fellows.

Do let us know if you need anything more.

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com

Return to “PDF-Tools SDK (DLL Libraries Only) - Clarion For Windows Developers Only Please”