OCR not working in clarion

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

Russell_P
User

OCR not working in clarion

Post by Russell_P » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:23 am

Hi

I had PDF Change PRO working since 2012 on Clarion 6.3. My installation was from this file,
PDFxPRO4_CW , downloaded on 28/3/2012. Various things such as reports and printing work but OCR has been troublesome.

I read a post from 2013 that indicated that this isssue may be resolved, so I recently downloaded the following files for Clarion 6.3 9057

Current Version:5.0.273.2(Updated on 4 Mar 2014)
PDFxPRO5_CW.zip | 85 MB
PDF-X OCR Module v1.0.14 (Live) | 8 MB

On downloading and installing the more recent file, the OCR test application OCRtest stop working, that is, it will compile but does nothing when the convert button is pressed. It steps through the code, but when rtn is examined in always is zero or -1.
The OCR2test application has always bugged out. with the newly installed files it does not do anything.

Any advance regarding this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Russell

Russell_P
User

Re: OCR not working in clarion

Post by Russell_P » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:37 am

Hi,

I might add that I also installed the above download into a fresh install of Clarion 9 , on Windows 7

and get the associated exception on trying to run ocr1demo.app

Thanks

Russell

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: OCR not working in clarion

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi Russell,

Unfortunately our in-house Clarion Dev (Craig Ransom) is in hospital and facing some serious surgery that may result in him having his foot amputated and I regret therefore that for at least the very near future we are going to have some problems in regards Clarion specific support with the exception of generic issues related to our core C++ libraries and very simple issues.

I sincerely apologize for the obvious inconvenience this causes - we are trying to stick with Craig as obviously replacement is not ideal as he wrote all the classes and templates and knows our libraries as well and even if we could source a replacement it would be some time before such an individual would be able to assist in any detailed manner- not to mention the fact that we obviously want to be able to support Craig himself who has been a loyal team member for over 10 years...

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Return to “PDF-Tools SDK (DLL Libraries Only) - Clarion For Windows Developers Only Please”