fm30xmf.dll

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

redman10
User

fm30xmf.dll

Post by redman10 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:32 am

Hello

If this version of PDF Tools no longer requires fm30xmf.dll, then why is it being attached? Can’t you just not load it?

It is a nightmare to try and delete programs from a user’s system. It usually requires god-like access. We have hundreds of workstations running our product and they are mostly updated by CapeSoft’s FM3. FM3 Autonet will replace and add programs but it does not delete – so this becomes a separate manual process that we must manage. We had one user today who is running our application in a terminal services environment and his IT had created an image of the program set. When we deleted the dll the image just kept on restoring it!!

To get around this fiasco, we have supplied a copy of unicows.dll renamed to fm30xmf.dll. It may not be neat but it works.

Regards

Sed Mayne

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:49 am

Hi Sed,

Firstly I apologise for this - you are correct, it was not the best planned update and I will not try and defend it - someone did not fully think through the consequences and it will not happen again.

Your innovative work around in the meantime is a good one.

We are preparing one of 2 small fixes to resolve, either :

1: a small utility to remove redundant dll's that we will include with our own installer's for the driver and SDK installs etc and provide developer's - though in your TS example I am not sure this would actually be 100% effective as your user's image seems to insist on restoring it .

Or

2: Amending the library call that is currently causing issues if the fm30xmf.dll exists.

I will advise as soon as this is available and once again - please do accept my sincere apologies.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:36 am

Hi,

Build 105 is now available which fully resolves this issue - even if the fm30xmf.dll remains insitu.

Thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

redman10
User

Post by redman10 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:08 pm

Thanks for the quick action John.

Regards
Sed Mayne
:D

redman10
User

Post by redman10 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:56 am

John

The new version has a problem of its own.
The procedure entry point ?GetRGB@DPDF_Color@DS_PDFStr@@QAEXW4PDF_RenderingIntent@2@PAVDPDF_Transfer@2@@Z could not be found in dynamic link library PdfStr35.dll.

Regards

Sed Mayne
Attachments
PDFX_Message.gif
screen crop of message
(25.88 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:50 am

Hi Sed,

I cannot reproduce this - can I ask from which application this is happening and also a simple step by step guide to reproduce please ?

Also did you perform a full install/reboot ?

Also have you tried form more than one desktop ?

Thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support

redman10
User

Post by redman10 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:02 am

Looks like my problem. Maybe old version of one of my app's dlls. Anyway, after copying in all the files again it is working now.

Sorry for crying wolf!

Regards
Sed Mayne :oops:

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:04 am

Hi Sed,

Might be better if I restated my questions as having re-read you posts I see you are a Clarion developer (please do post in the Clarion forums - makes it easier for us both :))

Could you advise what specifically your app is doing when this happens - could you perhaps compile and run one of our demo app's with similar functionality and advise if this suffers the same issue - I have tried several here and no problems.

Thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support

redman10
User

Post by redman10 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:18 am

We just crossed postings. I had failed to copy in a recompiled version of one of my dlls. When I re-copied all the files - it all worked.

Thanks

Sed Mayne :oops:

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:55 am

Hi Sed,

No problem - pleased to see it is all ok :)

Best regards
Tracker Support

Return to “PDF-Tools SDK (DLL Libraries Only) - Clarion For Windows Developers Only Please”