Localising prompts

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

marisoft
User

Localising prompts

Post by marisoft » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:00 am

How do I localise the prompt from the tools so the user will see his own language ?

In this case message box using IceTips Previewer:
"Generate PDF Options.
Select PDF Generate/Preview options:
Make PDF PDF Preview Cancel"

Using Clarion 6.2

Cheers,
.::Poul Jensen::.

Clarion developer

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:43 am

Hi Poul,

I suspect you are going to need to edit the templates themselves and provide some mechanism for this to recognise the users language.

I will discuss this in more detail with our Clarion project dev Craig who maintains the Templates and classes later today and ask him to come back.

It may be possible for example to use Phil Will's of ProDomus's Localisation templates of something similar.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

marisoft
User

Post by marisoft » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:56 am

Thanks for replying.

At the moment I am not this ambitious: I only want to translate to one language.
Obviously editing the templates themselves will present a problem when they are being updated, so ideally the prompts etc. should be placed in language files, that more easily can be translated and moved from version to version.

Cheers,

Clarion developer

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:30 am

Hi Poul,

Thanks for the clarification - will consider your request and discuss here and advise once we have some progress.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

marisoft
User

Post by marisoft » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:27 am

Hi again,

I have made the necessary translations to the following files:
- pdfpvw36.inc
- pdfrpt36.clw
- pdfimg36.clw

If these are the only files that I need to touch then it is a small issue for me. But if there are other files (please advise) - or if you want it to be a more elegant solution - then a language include-file would be welcome.

Cheers,

Clarion developer

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:40 pm

Hi Poul,

Craig is looking into this and is 'reasonabley' optimistic we can do something - so will keep you informed, though it could be a little while as we are rather pressed at this time trying to get 3 new products ready - including the long awaited viewer ! :-)

Best regards
Tracker Support

marisoft
User

Post by marisoft » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:07 am

Thanks for the update.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Clarion developer

Return to “PDF-Tools SDK (DLL Libraries Only) - Clarion For Windows Developers Only Please”