C9 compile errors when using PDF Compression

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

ttetley
User

C9 compile errors when using PDF Compression

Post by ttetley » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Hello,

C9.0.10376 ABC PDF tools 4.0

I am using the Lodestar RPM: CPCS report extension and their Convert CRT Report to PDF. In the attributes of the CRT report to PDF I have checked "Using PDF Tools product" and I have your global template extension added to the APP. On the PDFTools Compression tab of the CRT Report to PDF if I check on "Use compression" I get two compile errors:
Unknown identifier: COMPR_JPG_MEDIUM
Unknown identifier: COMPR_CCITT4

I cannot find any definitions for these. I checked with Lee White and he thinks they would be your definitions. Can you tell me what I am missing?

Thanks,
Tony
Tony Tetley
Professional Data Services, Inc.

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Re: C9 compile errors when using PDF Compression

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi Tony!

I'll have to check into this.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Re: C9 compile errors when using PDF Compression

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi Tonly!

Years ago Larry Teames decided that he wanted to write his own "interpretation" of how to access PDF-Tools version 2.5 through his templates instead of allowing us to embed our code in the Convert to PDF code. This only works if you are using the old 2.5 class files as Larry didn't bother to keep current with what we were doing. The compile errors you are getting are from using OLD constant names instead of the current ones.

I discussed this with Lee White who has custody of those templates now and he'll have to supply a solution.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Return to “PDF-Tools SDK (DLL Libraries Only) - Clarion For Windows Developers Only Please”