Scanner template for 4.1 missing?

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

dmjung
User

Scanner template for 4.1 missing?

Post by dmjung » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:32 pm

I'm trying to upgrade a Clarion 6.3 app using the 3.6 PDF-tools to the latest PDF-XChange. The latest version appears to be a version 4.1 (which I'm guessing the website refers to as version 5.0)

If I add the 4.0 global toolbox extension I see where I can add a 4.0 scanning template, but if I choose the 4.1 global toolbox extension then I don't see any scanner support extension to add. I also don't see a TPL for it in the 3rd party template folder like i do for 36 and 40.

--David

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Re: Scanner template for 4.1 missing?

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi David!

The 4.0/4.1/5 is a bit of a mixup. PDF-Tools is still in the 4.0/4.1 releases, but we recently released PDF-XChange Driver 5.0 and that may be the cause of the mixup.

As for the Scanning template, 4.1 represented a major rewrite and consolidation of the multitude of add-on templates to the basic PDF-Tools templates. What used to be many add-on global templates have been reduced to a number of checkboxes on the PDF-Tools 4.1 Global template, General tab.

On the PDF-Tools 4.1 Global template, General tab, is a checkbox called Enable Scanning Support? Simply check that to enable scanning in PDF-Tools 4.1. You will then be able to add the PDF-XChange Scanning Procedure Template 4.1 to your procedure, as well as the optional PDF-XChange Select Source Control Template 4.1.

I suggest you check out scnpdf41.app.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

dmjung
User

Post by dmjung » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:56 pm

See it...thanks!

--David

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 pm

:)

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com

Return to “PDF-Tools SDK (DLL Libraries Only) - Clarion For Windows Developers Only Please”