Using Icetips previewer without opening the previewer

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

Parps
User

Using Icetips previewer without opening the previewer

Post by Parps » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:40 am

Hi Craig,

I am trying to get PDF-tools report extension working with the Icetips previewer without the previewer being opened. This sounds a bit strange, but the reason I use the Icetips previewer is the Icetips Page-of-Pages template. Although it relies on the previewer it is not needed to open the previewer. (On the Icetips previewer tab ‘Condition for use’ is set to ‘1=2’).

Now I want to combine this with the PDF-tools report extension. So far I found that is needed to add the button ‘Make PDF’ and open the previewer to get PDF documents with a correct page of pages. But I would like to have it without opening the previewer.

As a workaround I modified the previewer a bit. After opening the hidden window I do:
POST(EVENT:Accepted, ?MakePDF)
POST(EVENT:CloseWindow)
This works fine but now I am stuck with a progress window for which I cannot find a setting to disable it.

So I got two questions:
1. Is it possible to generate PDF documents without opening the previewer and have the page-of-page function? Or is my work around the way to go?
2. Can I somehow hide the progress window? Maybe by modifying the classes a bit.

Clarion 6.3 ABC
PDF-Tools v4.1 build 205

Best regards,
Koen

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Re: Using Icetips previewer without opening the previewer

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi Koen!

After opening the Icetips window, you can insert the line:

Code: Select all

0{PROP:Hide} = True
This will make the Icetips window disappear.

You can make the PDF Generation progress window disappear as well by setting the Show Generate PDF prompt on the PDF-Tools Previewer tab to No.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Parps
User

Post by Parps » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:34 am

Hi Craig,

Without the previewer that setting toggles the progress window as expected. But unfortunate within the previewer it doesn’t.

Wondering why it wasn’t working I examined your classes a bit. The problem is in the pdfpvw41.inc file. At the bottom in the MakePDF routine there is a line: pdfxgrp.PDFXT:rtn = pdfxgrp.PDFXT:rpt.Generate(pPreviewQueue)

Obviously the second parameter is missing, making that the progress window is always shown.
So I changed that to pdfxgrp.PDFXT:rtn = pdfxgrp.PDFXT:rpt.Generate(pPreviewQueue,False) and this makes the progress window to be hidden.

Best regards,
Koen

Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi Koen!

Ah! Right. Is it working now?
Craig Ransom

Parps
User

Post by Parps » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi Craig,

Yep, it is working now the way I want. A hidden previewer and no progress window showed either.

So it is just a small bug as it takes the default value of the prototype definition. I guess it can be solved by an extra variable in the group that is passed to the previewer.

Cheers,
Koen

Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi Koen!

It might be a little more complicated than that, but I will look at it.
Craig Ransom

Parps
User

Post by Parps » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Of course, your classes are a bit more complicated then I have seen at first look :)

Cheers,
Koen

Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:07 pm

:)
Craig Ransom

Return to “PDF-Tools SDK (DLL Libraries Only) - Clarion For Windows Developers Only Please”