Complex scripts like Arabic not rendered correctly

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

unubar
User

Complex scripts like Arabic not rendered correctly

Post by unubar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi,

It seems that complex scripts are not rendered correctly when the PDF is generated. It shows correctly in the report preview but the generated PDF renders the text incorrectly.

Illustrated below the output in the preview and the PDF:

This is on Clarion 10.0.11897 with the School example.

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks & Regards,
Ubaidullah Nubar.

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Complex scripts like Arabic not rendered correctly

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Hello Unubar,

May I ask what application you are printing this from? oftentimes issues like this are caused by the application sending us the print information, and we cannot do much to address it. If the application initiating the print job is a PDF viewing/editing application, such as our Editor or Adobe, you should instead be using the "save as" function, as printing PDF to PDF can result in document and content corruption.

If you could please send us a copy of the original document you are working with, and the resulting PDF output file, that would be very helpful.

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623

unubar
User

Post by unubar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am printing from the provided School Clarion example application with the "PDF-Tools Report Procedure Extension" added to it.

I have attached the resulting PDF output file as well as the School application source in zip.

Regards,
Ubaidullah Nubar.
Attachments
SCHOOL.ZIP
(843.78 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
classsched1.pdf
(57.07 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Hello Unubar,

My apologies, I should have noticed the forum this was in before replying initially. Unfortunately we have had to end support for clarion as of 2016, and no longer sell our products involving it. This is simply due to the fact that we do not have anyone left in house who is familiar with it. You can read the news article our CEO published back then, here: https://www.tracker-software.com/compan ... s/view/152

I am afraid that I will not be able to offer any more assistance on this front.
I wish you luck in finding a solution to this issue.
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623

Return to “PDF-Tools SDK (DLL Libraries Only) - Clarion For Windows Developers Only Please”