Which product do I need?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

bothel
User

Which product do I need?

Post by bothel » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:41 am

We have an application that does two things (among others):
1) creates pdfs directly, using your v3 virtual printer driver
2) creates Microsoft Office documents via MS automation api

I'd like to extend our application to be able to print the office docs to pdf. Which of your products would I need?

Thanks

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Which product do I need?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:39 pm

bothel,

you can do this by just using the driver (end - user) if you do not need to pass some custom options or the Driver Api if you need to.

Hope this helps.

bothel
User

Post by bothel » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:40 pm

I would like the user to be able to print a word doc to pdf, not from word, by from our app. The word doc is created within our app using word's automation interface and the user generally doesn't interact with word. There can be *many* docs to print. The location/filename of the pdf also needs to be controled by our app. That is, we would like to suppress the location/filename dialog. Our app is written in c#. Does the Pro SDK have what I need? If yes, which example would be a good place to start?

Thanks

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

bothel,

To create a PDF from the word file all you have to do is call the PrintOut function of the word object from your application. And then you will need the driver's API to control the printing parameters. There is an example in the Examples\APIExamples\CExamples\CExAPI folder that comes with our SDK - it is in C++ but unfortunately we do not have an example in C# at this moment.

Regards,
Stefan