email SMTP error checking

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

griffo
User

email SMTP error checking

Post by griffo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:38 am

I have been able to use the email via SMTP very easily, but wonder if there is any errorchecking that I may access.

i.e. if the email fails to send, then I would like to create the physical PDF file in say, the users MyDocs folder.

Failure may be due to such things as - No network/internet connection.
or some router / firewall blockage.

Any ideas?

Thanks
John Griffiths

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi John,

If you have our PDF-Xchange PRO SDK - you also have access to SMTOP/MAPI send options via our Library functions as available in the NETLIB library - please see the doc's for more info.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

griffo
User

Post by griffo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:16 am

Thanks John

I found the NETLIB docs and am studying them now. Looks like what I want is in there :)

LATER:...
Nope. Cant find a way to set the Date field within an email header.
When using SMTP from within the driver, there is no field for setting the date and NetLib also does not seem to set it.
This is a problem when the SMTP Server is not set to optionally add the date data if it is blank.
Leaving it blank can increase the chance that the SendTo email server/client will see the email as junk.

Studying the netlib36.INC and netlib36.CLW dont mention the Date property.
I tried a few 'experiments' with the example nldemo36.app but had no success.
John Griffiths

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi John,

We will add the date function in a future release - however when using the netlib library directlly, you can use functions:

NXC_Mail_SetHeaderA or NXC_Mail_SetHeaderW, to set any field in the email header required.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com