Remove Stamp/watermark

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

wesallen
User

Remove Stamp/watermark

Post by wesallen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:49 pm

After downloading the product from the internet and putting the code in the program everything was working fine and not demo stamp/watermark printed. I then tested the silent install "PDFX3SA_sm.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /COMPONENTS=""pdfSaver,PDF-XChange driver"" /DIR=""C:\Program Files\PDF-XChange 3 Pro\"" /AutoUnload:05" and ran the program again and the demo stamp watermark was put on the document. If I use the driver that was installed with the demo the document is correct. If I use the driver created with PDFX3SA_sm.exe then the watermark is displayed. How can I get rid of the demo mark. Thanks

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:16 am

Hi Wes,

Which version of PDF-XChange have you purchased ?

Assuming you have purchased a developer License - your license strings must be in your applicion project source code and recompiled (not the UI of the driver or the isntaller) and you can only convert content via your application and its coded methods - any attempt to print to the driver direct (ie MS Word - Print to PDF-XChange) will result in the trial watermarks on every PDF page generated.

See the examples supplied with the developer SDK - these show you how and where to enter your 2 developer license strings - as well as the help files/docs.

However - if you have purchased the end user version - please advise by email your serial number and I will endeavour to give instructions for that method.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

wesallen
User

Remove Stamp Watermark

Post by wesallen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:56 pm

We purchased the developers license and I have put both the serial number and dev code in the program. Here is the code I am trying to use.

Dim P As Printer
Hit% = 0
For Each P In Printers
If P.DeviceName = "PDF-XChange 3.0" Then
Hit% = 1
Exit For
End If
Next
If Hit% = 0 Then
'Install Tracker PDF Printer
Dim pID As Long, pHandle As Long
Const Infinite = -1&
pID = Shell("PDFX3SA_sm.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /COMPONENTS=""pdfSaver,PDF-XChange driver"" /DIR=""C:\Program Files\PDF-XChange 3 Pro\"" /AutoUnload:05", vbNormalFocus)
pHandle = OpenProcess(&H100000, True, pID)
retVal = WaitForSingleObject(pHandle, Infinite)
End If

CreatePDFWord = PDFDoc
NM$ = "SubmittalCover" & Trim$(frmSubmMaster.fld(6).text)
Call CompSlashes(NM$)
NM$ = Trim$(NM$) & ".pdf"

SaverObj.SetParamStr 0, "Save.FullFileName", CurrentProjectFolder$ & NM$ 'File Name
SaverObj.SetParamStr 0, "Save.ShowSaveDialog", "No" 'Do not Show Save AS Dialog
SaverObj.SetParamStr 0, "Save.WhenExists", "Overwrite" 'Automatically overwrite existing File
SaverObj.SetParamLong 0, "Compression.Graphics", 1 ' "Yes"
SaverObj.SetParamLong 0, "Compression.ASCII", 0 ' "No"
SaverObj.SetParamLong 0, "Compression.Text", 1 ' "Yes"
SaverObj.SetParamLong 0, "Compression.Color.Method", 1 ' "Auto"
SaverObj.SetParamLong 0, "Compression.Indexed.Method", 1 ' "Auto"
SaverObj.SetParamLong 0, "Compression.Mono.Method", 1 ' "Auto"
SaverObj.SetParamStr 0, "Save.App.Run", "none" 'do not open document for viewing after creation 'IIf(bVal = True, "default", "none")

SaverObj.SetParamStr 0, "Reg.Key", InitPDF
SaverObj.SetParamStr 0, "Reg.DevCode", InitPDFDevCode

SaverObj.Active = True
SaverObj.AutoApply = False

For Each P In Printers
If P.DeviceName = "PDF-XChange 3.0" Then
' Set printer as default for current session
Set Printer = P
frmSubmMaster.vsPrinter1.Device = P.DeviceName
' Stop looking for a printer
Exit For
End If
Next
Else
CreatePDFWord = PrintOnly
End If

If OptPrtType(0).Value Then 'Submittal letter
If Trim$(txtSubmInfo(1)) = "" Then cmdPrevInfo1_Click
If Trim$(txtSubmInfo(2)) = "" Then cmdPrevInfo2_Click
Call PrintSubLetter
ElseIf OptPrtType(1).Value Then 'Fixture sch
Call PrintFixture(Printout$)
ElseIf OptPrtType(2).Value Then 'shipping sch
Printout$ = "SHIP"
Call PrintShip_Lead(Printout$)
'MsgBox "All Done - Shipping Schedule Printout"
ElseIf OptPrtType(3).Value Then 'lead-time
Printout$ = "LEAD"
Call PrintShip_Lead(Printout$)
'MsgBox "All Done - Lead Time Printout"
Else
MsgBox "Print Option Not Set"
End If
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
frmSubmMaster.vsPrinter1.EndDoc

Thanks

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:33 am

Please try to set

SaverObj.AutoApply = True

HTH
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

wesallen
User

Post by wesallen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:24 pm

After changeing AutoReply = True still having the same problem. The other thing that also happens is that the save as dialog box still appears even though I have set SaverObj.SetParamStr 0, "Save.ShowSaveDialog", "No" 'Do not Show Save AS Dialog. This only happens if I use the PDFX3SA_sm.exe install. If I use the original install I downloaded everything works fine.

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:57 am

Will try to reproduce the trouble here (but to be honest cannot imagine why this happens -- _sm.exe installation is the same as standard just excluding Office2PDF and OfficeAddin components).
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.