Create separate Print job

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

igorg
User

Create separate Print job

Post by igorg » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:43 pm

How can i create the separate print job number for 2 differend Print threads in my multi threading program. The problem is, today i used with 2 messages queue and evry queue printing word documents to Pdf - xchange but because i used the registry for printing parameters sometimes if some thread slow the result of another thread printing in the output file of slow thread. If you can explain me how can i create different
Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3.0\Drivers\Control\ registry entry for any thread it's help me resolve the thread safeting. today i used
a global job Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3.0\Drivers\Control\0

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:58 am

Please advise if this helps resolve :

Select the PDF-XChange Printer from your printers list - and then :

Select Printer Properties (not preferences) and select 'Advanced' then ensure 'Print spooled documents first' is set to 'ON'

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

igorg
User

Post by igorg » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:46 am

It's configured 'Print spooled documents first' ON !!!

igorg
User

Post by igorg » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:25 pm

The printer configuration not help me . How can i configure different regestry entry for each thread in my program?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi,

using Version 3 you would need to use the ActiveX option instead of the registry to communicate with the driver. You can then provide a different setting for different documents using the OnPrintingStarted event handler

Version 4 due shortly will offer multithreaded printing as for each thread a developer can create a printer for each 'job' and control as required.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

igorg
User

Post by igorg » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:48 am

I"m writing my project in c# and when i use the activex in Windows application it's working fine but my project is not windows application , my project is windows service and when i try use the activex i can't create events.How can you help me ?

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:17 pm

I'm afraid you must allow your service to interact with the 'desktop' to allow events work correctly.

HTH
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

igorg
User

Post by igorg » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:39 pm

My windows service make some security connections that's inposible make with Local System account.
May be you have any another ideas?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:07 pm

None come to mind I am afraid :(

The only solution is to await the release of V4 due out in January, if you cannot use windows messaging as in V4 events within the ActiveX are not required.

Best regards
Tracker Support

igorg
User

Post by igorg » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:09 am

Thank's ,
Can you tell me when in january i can download the new version and what is about the license ?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:00 pm

Hi,

I expect this around the middle of the month (approx!) and without knowing when you purchased etc I cannot advise you as to whether your upgrade will be free or chargeable - please email us direct at upgrades@tracker-software.com with your purchase info and I can advise you more specifically.

Thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support