Problem when printing PDF using Microsoft Office Suite

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

Humandata
User

Problem when printing PDF using Microsoft Office Suite

Post by Humandata » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Hi!

I've got a solution which is working properly, but sometimes when printing a document the program stalles. I'm using the technique explained in the help-files more or less. I've created a small application that starts a process to start the associated program to the file and sends the argument Print etc. The problem is that when opening the application a dialog box sometimes appear, i.e. a macro is enabled in Microsoft Excel which brings up a dialog box when opening the file. This is something I haven't coped with yet and I'm unaware of any solution. Anyhow, this dialog box causes an infinite wait and thereby causing the application to stall, making any further converstion unavailable.
This is something that is not in your area, or your product, but I'm hoping that you might have seen this problem before and might have a solution to the problem?

Best regards

Sebastian

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:40 am

Hi Sebastian,

Could you please supply a screenshot of the dialog box you are getting (please zip) and we will try and assit further?

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com