Automatic printing from PDF-XChange

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

cmay
User

Automatic printing from PDF-XChange

Post by cmay » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:42 pm

PDF-Xchange works great, but I need to add a new function to my program. When PDF-Xchange is invoked, it will automatically print the generated PDF file to the default printer. In other words, I don't want the user to have to open the file in a viewer and print from the viewer. Can this be done?

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:41 am

If you can solve this task with the viewer's command line (for example passing it /print command), you can say the driver to run the viewer with appropriate command line after printing. But please note that PDF-XChange can be a default printer, and you can get a loop.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.