PDF File corruption in Access MDE

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

stevehaley
User

PDF File corruption in Access MDE

Post by stevehaley » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:49 pm

I appear to have a print corruption problem with the pdfxchange driver

The application is a compiled access mde which prints a series of reports/forms in sequence to the pdf xchange driver.
Approx 75% of the time one or more of the individul pdf files is incomplete. It appears random as to which one gets corrupted.

Notes:-
We have an identical block of code that generates the forms/reports to a printer and we have NEVER seen this error in that. I have just run that process 100 times in a row and got no errors nor do I get any errors to Adobe driver.
The spooler is set to only Start Printing after spooling is completed and the printing is set to FIFO.
We are using the registry to comunicate with the PDF Driver and that appears to work fine.
I have inserted a 10 sec wait between the each print and registry writes to print etc but that makes no diff.
drvui30.dll is version 3.60.0119
This issue is happening on multiple PCs
Access ver is 2002 but same thing happens in 2003
If I put a trap in the code to check the size and reprint if too small (ie corrupted files are always <1k) then it works fine 2nd time arround.

The above would tend to suggest that the problem lies in PDF-XChange
Have attached example pdfs.

rgds
Stephen
Attachments
Examples.zip
Example good and bad pdf
(30.42 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:11 pm

Hi Stephen - could you please see this forum message - I suspect it may help you too :

http://www.tracker-software.com/forum/v ... php?t=3085

Please advise if this helped.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

stevehaley
User

Post by stevehaley » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:21 pm

Have aleady tried this setting so no help I am afraid
However not sure how this setting would create corruption although I can see how it would cause print jobs to be done out of sequence if it is set on in a multithreaded environment.
My understanding is that this setting is overidden by "Start printing after last page is spooled" which is currently set. This surely means that the whole job is being spooled straight to the printer driver in one go after the app has succesfully spooled the job. That would appear to imply that something strange is going on in the print driver..

rgds
Stephen

stevehaley
User

Post by stevehaley » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:06 am

Scratch this I think
Looks like I have found the error - very strange
It is a hidden background timer form being printed instead of the selected form despite the fact that it is actually hidden - no idea why it happens with the PDF routine and not the hardcopy given the code is identical but there you go - tracked it by setting the spooler to keep the file jobs then could see the originating names of the forms.

sorry for the trouble

rgds
Stephen

PS is the vba code I have that sets the spooler properties via PRINTER_INFO_2 of any use to you?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi Stephen,

please feel free to post the code here - others may well find it useful - for our part its our intention to set this on by default in an upcoming release.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com