Set PDF-XChange as the default printer

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

ALDEWACS
User

Set PDF-XChange as the default printer

Post by ALDEWACS » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:29 pm

(Wrongly posted this in the Clarion forum first,,,,)
Hello, I have (finally) got my VB6 app to work with PDF-Xchange 3.0 (119 build). Looks like for certain functionality to work, we need to (in the VB program) switch the PDF-Xchange printer to be the default printer, and after printing to PDF-Xchange, then set default back to the original hardware printer.
Can this be done? I haven't found any registry or other settings yet.

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:04 pm

Under Windows 2000 and higher, you can use function SetDefaultPrinterA (Please see description here
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535468.aspx).

Under W9x/Me, you need to use the method described by above URL into Remarks section.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Received direct by email from the client:

++++

Thanks!
Actually that was not the best answer as it turns out, but it gave me the way to find it, and I thought your other clients may be able to use this:

Look at http://weblogs.asp.net/jamauss/archive/ ... 81138.aspx
==================================================
3 lines of simple code instead of pages and pages...
...add wshom.ocx to the project, and:
Dim w As New WshNetwork
w.SetDefaultPrinter (”ThePrinterIWantToBeTheDefault”)
Set w = Nothing
==================================================

Looks like I got everything going... I'll be ordering the Pro version as soon as we client-test our stuff, maybe a few days max.

FYI we were using the Amyuni driver. We now think your tools are far better, faster, more stable, better thought out from a developer viewpoint, and professional, and your help and forums are great.
Thanks again.

ALDEWACS
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com