Converting DOC to PDF without opening the word document

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

suren
User

Converting DOC to PDF without opening the word document

Post by suren » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:49 am

Hi ,

I am trying to convert a word document to PDF using PDF Driver Exchange API with messaging and registry methods. I am using delphi for my development. When I convert (print) to PDF using shell execute command with verb 'printto', Xchange PRo driver opens the document and converts it to PDF. With my requirement, I don't want to open the document. I want the document to be converted to PDF based on the 'Save.FullFileName' registry setting. Please let me know is there any approach to achieve this (probably using Tprinter class etc)?

Thanks in advance,
Surendra A

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:16 am

Sure if you know how to render doc file without running MS Word, you can use TPrinter :wink:

If you need just to prevent visibility of the Word application during printing, you can try to use different flags for ShellExecute method like SW_MINIMIZE.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.