Status of PDF Xchange when printing

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

DreyZ
User

Status of PDF Xchange when printing

Post by DreyZ » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:05 am

Hey guys,

I'm new to PDF Xchange, and i have done a search for the past 15 minutes on this but i haven't found anything on this.

We currently work with PDF Xchange Pro v3 and I'm wondering if there is any way that we can find out when PDF Xchange has finished creating a PDF document?

At the moment our code goes into a time loop which is meant to wait for PDF Xchange to create the PDF document, before proceding to the next steps. However I don't think this is a very good way of doing this, as there could be a document or many documents printing, which could take longer than the time loop.
If there is a way to request a status from PDF Xchange to notify or return a "file complete" status it would be great.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

DreyZ.

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:28 am

You can use messages or driver's ActiveX for such purposes. This methods are described into Drv_Api.chm file.
With messages the message PDFXC3_DocSaved should be used.
With AX - OnFileSaved event.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.