Spoolmultiple access reports

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

stevehaley
User

Spoolmultiple access reports

Post by stevehaley » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:55 am

I am trying to create a single PDF file from 40 individual Access reports.
I understand how to merge the 40 resultant pdfs ok but I cannot create them in the first place.
Do you have any example code showing howi to spool multiple files under access vba given that you recomend not using mesaging due to the problem that the docmd stops events being recd?

I Have another app I am looking at in word that has to do something similar
and would apreciate some clarification on the mesaging approach.
Given you have to wait for the ID as returned by PDFXC3_StartDoc message how long do you have to write back the settings to this key?

rgds
Stephen Haley

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:43 am

There is example files pdf30_sample97.mdb and pdf30_sample2k.mdb.
These examples uses driver's ActiveX, not messaging.
To create 40 PDFs you can assign them different names via Save.FullFileName parameter.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

stevehaley
User

Post by stevehaley » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:08 am

Ive seen these examples but they are for a single print.
Given that it appears that the name is picked off as it comes off the spooler and not into it I will suspect that I will run into the same problems I have when I write the settings directly into the registry in that I get ahead off the PDF Creating and file names get assigned to the wrong files.

Could you please clarify the process through the print driver and spooler and when the message is issued and the name used.

For the purposes of another app (EXCEL) how long do I have from receiving the dostart befroe I write the settings to be sed to the HEX of the ID in the registry?

Do you have any examples for Excel?

Rgds
Stephen

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:26 pm

while VBA blocks messaging/events processing during command handle, there are no way to get response from the driver. Into V4 which now is on developming stage, new method for developers will be introduced where for each task it will be possible to create temporary printer and set its parameters.
No, we haven't sample for Excel VBA.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.