Word To Pdf Conversion

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

Kapil Arora
User

Word To Pdf Conversion

Post by Kapil Arora » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:08 pm

Hi

I am using PDF Exchange PRO3 SDK, I tried converting the attached doc files both with my program and with the api provided and they dont seem to be converting, the program opens the doc file and it remains open also it won’t show progress bar or any error.
I copied other doc files in the same folder and convert them and the program works fine.

When I copied the problematic doc file on another machine and convert it to pdf it works fine.On both machines I am using Windows XP and Office 2003.

I am stuck up here, please try to replicate it on your end and provide the fix asap.

Regards,
Kapil
Attachments
Doc.zip
(64.21 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:12 pm

HI,

I can find no issue here - the file converts just fine - and as you can convert ok on other systems - this would suggest strongly - the issue is local.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Kapil Arora
User

Post by Kapil Arora » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:08 am

Hi

I had told you that when i copied other doc files in the same folder where problematic doc file is, the other doc files converted to pdf using pdf exchange. But i had tried to so many times to convert the attached doc file to pdf and it fails every time.If the issue is local so the tool won't convert other doc files also.
if anything is needed from my side please tell me. I am stuck up here and cannot proceed further.
Please provide the fix asap.

Regards,
Kapil

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:44 am

Hi,

If you open the doc file in Word - can you print directly to the PDF-XChange driver and create a PDF ok ?

By this I mean - dont use your app or the drivers api - use it as though it were just a standard virtual printer.

If you can - then the issue is either in your app or your installation/PC - it is almost impossible for us to diagnose as we cannot reproduce the problem here - also the fact that you CAN print this file ok from another machine - suggests strongly that there is a problem with this one machine.

If you have a problem printing directly to the driver also - please do as outlined in this FAQ and provide the detailed files as outlined in the FAQ.

http://www.tracker-software.com/forum/v ... .php?t=800

You may need to modify some content in the FAQ instructions to suit your installation paths etc.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

Kapil Arora
User

Post by Kapil Arora » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:19 am

Hi,

Yes i can print the file directly using the pdf-xchange driver, but i have to use the code to generate the Pdf file when i

had used the sample application of pdf xchange it fails. As per you the problem can be with the application or machine, the

application i used is the sample application of tracker software and on the same machine in the same directory i am able to

generate the pdf of other doc files using the same applicatoin.
Proceeding to the next step i had tried to generate the temp files by followin the steps given in the link provided, i

changed the settings so temp files are not deleted, interestingly when i generated the pdf using the problematic doc file

and using sample application code as always the pdf is not generated but the temp files are not generated also.
when using other doc files i generated the pdf, the temp files generated and also the pdf, so i won't have the temp files to

send you. If anything i can do so you can replicate this bug at your end please tell me.
Well we had deployed the application and it is giving problem there, your early response can be very helpful.

Regards,
Kapil

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:54 am

Hi Kapil,

Can you please advise the version/build of PDF-XChange SDK (available from the About Window of the PDF-XChange driver - Printer Preferences) if not the latest build - please update to the latest V3.60119.

Grasping at straws here a bit - it is very odd the file converts ok direct to the driver - but not through the sample application and also no temp files are created.

One other possible issue is user rights - are you logged in on this PC as an Admin or other level user ?

Are you saving to same folder etc as you are with the other files that convert ok ?

Also - did you try on another Machine ?

thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support

Kapil Arora
User

Post by Kapil Arora » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:51 am

Hi,

Thanks for the response,
Well our current development version of PdfXchange is 3.60 Build 0104.

Is this a known defect and can be solved by the version upgrade.

Pls tell us the migration process from current version to latest version if required.

Our purchase serial number is PCS31-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We are in UAT phase and schedule is very crucial for us. Early resolution of issue will be appreciated

Regards,
Kapil

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi,

No - this is not a known fault, but then as previously stated - we cannot reproduce this at all - so the best initial step would be to update to the latest release in the hope that it will resolve the issue.

The migration process is simple - un-install and then download and install the latest release (and client distribution fro the driver install) and recompile your app (if you are just using the driver you wont need to do that) - and that's it.

But - you still have not answered my other questions about the save file location and if you have tried on another machine ... ?

ALSO - please do not publish license information - this is an open forum and any Freely registered user can read and use/distribute your license info :(((!

Best regards
Tracker Support

Kapil Arora
User

Post by Kapil Arora » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:26 pm

Hello

we have tested on latest version V3.6 build 0119

Our issue is still unresolved. we are not able to convert the word document to pdf . Copy of the document has already been sent to you . This has turned into showstopper for us. we have to rollout the software using and this functionality is not working . we tried this on three different machines and it did not work on any of them . Although we take a simple new word doc with just one line text in same directory. It is able to covert the same.

Pls understand the roll out plan is dependeant on the same and it is crcuial functionality. IF you are not able reproducs at ur end. we may need to work out some way where you can log in and analyse the behaviour on our set up. We really need to speed the resolution of same as it is pending from long. You early respone to resolve the same will be appreciated.

Regards
Kapil

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:45 pm

Kapil,

Please see the attached - I enclose 2 sample app's which you should already have in your examples folders (\BIN) for the driver API - both create PDF files as you can see from yur test doc - I also attach the PDF's created here - just seconds ago.

So for sure these files convert just fine - the problem is either local to you - or specific to the application code you have designed.

Please test the example app's sent - do they work ?

Assuming they do - please provide the simplest example project you can that uses the method you prefer - we need both compiled and project source code - please zip these files and we will test.

CRUCIALLY - please also advise:

1: The version of Windows in use
2: The version of MS Office installed
3: Any other printers installed
4: What AV and firewall software is installed
5: The exact path the file is being saved to (i.e. local driver or Network)

Once we have all the above we will endeavour to advise where the problem is.
Attachments
KAPIL.zip
Sample App's and PDF's created - OK !
(177.9 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

Best regards
Tracker Support

Kapil Arora
User

Post by Kapil Arora » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:10 am

Hi,

Thanks for response.
I had tried it on 5 different PC's each having Windows XP it goes fine on 1 PC but gives problem on other 4, I am using the example "VBNetExAPI" stored at "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 3
SDK\Examples\APIExamples\VBNetExample\VbNetExAPI" it is where i have installed the Tracker S/W.
Also the code i am using in my application to convert it is the same as given in this example but for your reference i am
attaching the code. Please see the file attached "sourcecode.zip"

Today i have installed the "Kapil.zip" dir in C: and then extract files in "C:\Kapil dir" and using the "VBExAPI.exe" and "CExAPI.exe" programs that you had sent today, tried to convert the "temp1.doc" file which is also in the same dir and gave the default output path "C:\sample.pdf" but it fails, it just opens the temp1.doc file and it stops. I placed other doc file in he same directory and the tool works fine.

Other Information
------------------
1. Windows Version - Windows XP
2. MS Office Version - Office 2003
3. Printers -
Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
HP LaserJet 4100 Series PS

4. AV - Symantec, Firewall - None
5. Directory - I had always saved in a directory in local C:.
6. Adobe Reader - Give Problem on both Adobe 6 & 8.

Please try it on diffrent PC's, it may works on some, but will be replicated on other.

Regards,
Kapil
Attachments
SourceCode.zip
(691 Bytes) Downloaded 120 times

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:18 am

Maybe trouble is because this .doc file contains external files embedded ?

Can you try to remove such embedds and print ?

Does the trouble exist when you try to print on another printers? And please check with latest build (0118) of the PDF-XChange.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

Kapil Arora
User

Post by Kapil Arora » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:48 pm

As per our functionality - our word files do have embedded tables , graphs and other files. we can not take out that functionality. Moreover it was working earlier It has started givng issue now.

We have printed this file on othe rprinters , it is printing. The same have also been tested at build 0119.

We have also stated in the past post that we have to go live and we are using PDF excahnge for critical functionality. Please if required , plan to remote log in at our site to analyse the behaviour & provide solution . It is critical. Please tell us how we can arrange such remote log in and resolve the issues ASAP.

Regards
Kapil

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:40 am

Hi,

To try and get to the root of this problem - we have made a a special version of one of our DLL's to trace this cause - hopefully !

Please locate and rename the file drvui30.dll from the live PDF-XChange installation and then copy the 'debug' version attached into the same folder.

Then run dbgview.exe (attached) and try to print his problem .doc file.

dbgview.exe will capture all the process info - save this to a file and please attach to your reply here.

many thanks
Attachments
DLL_and_DBGView.zip
attached dll and dbgview
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 124 times

Best regards
Tracker Support

Kapil Arora
User

Post by Kapil Arora » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:57 pm

Hi,

I rename the drvui30.dll in "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 3 SDK\pdfSaver" directory and then copy the dll version that you had provided. Then i run the debugview program in title bar it shows "Debugview on \\OntrackClient2" means it is connected.
Then i run the example program and select "temp1.doc" placed in "C:\Kapil" and give result file as "C:\sample.pdf" the temp1.doc opens up and there is nothing shown in Debugview, but when i select other doc file in the same directory and then run the program the debugview has 86 entries i.e it wont log anything when the problem doc file is run, it just opens the .doc file and the process stops.
Please tell me If anything i had missed and any other information i can give you to replicate it.

Regards,
Kapil

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:56 am

1. For first, can you send us the log where 86 entries was?
2. Did you reboot your computer after replacing drvui30.dll ?

To be honest, it is very strange that there are just 86 entries - it should be much more.

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

Kapil Arora
User

Post by Kapil Arora » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi

As told previously the log won't generated when i convert the temp1.doc file, but when i convert other file the log is generated for your reference the file (hello.doc) which i used to convert to pdf and the log file (Ontrackclient2.log) and the output file (sample.pdf) is attached.

Also i restarted my system after replacing the dll file.

As stated previously if you can login into my system and see the issue here it will be helpful to resolve the issue quickly, we are mailing the details for so long without any result. Please tell me the time, I will send you the login details.

Regards,
Kapil
Attachments
SampleFiles.zip
(5.94 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:58 am

For me acceptable time is between 8.00 and 18.00 (UTC).
But please send login information via email Ivan@tracker-software.com, not via the forum.

Kapil Arora
User

Post by Kapil Arora » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:27 pm

Hi Ivan,

Today waited 1 hr for you to get login in the meeting, also sent you mails but you haven't reply.

We have to solve this issue at earliest, if you want me to sent any details regarding it please tell me. Also i am available from 9.00 to 18.00 (PST) if you want to see the defect at our end or you can contact me at 480-588-9066.

After repeated follow up and requests this issue in not getting closed and our SLA is showing as Red from long. I think we also need to have some SLA to close issues.

Regards,
Kapil

Kapil Arora
User

Post by Kapil Arora » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:52 am

Hi,

Request you to please reply for this issue as it needs to be closed at earliest. If anything needs to be discussed then i am available from 9.00 to 18.00 (PST) at 480-588-9066 or you can mail me at ikapilarora@gmail.com

Regards,
Kapil

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi Kapil,

Ivan has been away ill - but is back now, however he has asked me to advise you that a conference call or web chat or whatever is not gong to help - partly because English is not his first language and he does not feel comfortable in a live chat environment - but also it is unlikely to assist in resolving the issue - though I do appreicate it provides you with some comfort that your issue is being taken seriously.

However - what we need you to provide to allow us to correct if necessary and then you to move on as quickly as possible is :

not just the problem file, but all the embedded/attached ones too (I understand these are somewhat numerous ?)

Please email these to both johnv@tracker-software.com and Ivan@tracker-software.com

and ensure the subject line contains PDF-XChange and the email body a clickable link back to this topic for easy reference.

Thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support