Reg Key and Dev Code has no effect - still get water marks

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

Gubbs
User

Reg Key and Dev Code has no effect - still get water marks

Post by Gubbs » Thu May 31, 2007 5:19 pm

Dear Sirs:

I've purchased the PDF-XChange Viewer SDK License Codes package and was provided a reg key and dev code.

I've used the example VB6 codes successfully to generate PDF from Word docs. The example code has the reg key and dev code .SetParamStr lines deactivated. I've activated the two lines of code and copied/paste the reg key and dev code provided to me in the email. However, the generated PDF documents are still generated with watermarks.

Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Thanx!
Gubbs

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu May 31, 2007 5:30 pm

Hi,

You would appear to have purchased the wrong product.

The PDF-XChange Viewer SDK allows you to embed PDF viewing within your application - whereas you appear to want to generate new PDF files from 3rd party formats such as MS Office.

You are using the correct methods - but have purchased the wrong product.

You should have purchased the PDF-XChange Drivers API - which also gives you access to the PDF-XChange Viewer SDK - but only allows you to distribute 2500 end User Client application licenses rather than the 25,000 provided in the Viewer Base SDK you have purchased.

Fortunately the price for both products is the same (and may be why you purchased the Viewer SDK rather than the Drivers SDK?) - please complete a new License for the Viewer SDK with the amended totals and send us a brief email explaining (upgrades@tracker-software.com) with a link back to this forum message and we will provide you with the correct license codes for use with the Drivers API SDK

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Gubbs
User

Post by Gubbs » Thu May 31, 2007 5:35 pm

Thanx for the reply!

I do have to say the product choices and features are a bit overwhelming, seem to overlap in functionality, and not the easiest to interpret. But that's OK if support is as quick and efficient as this.
Gubbs

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu May 31, 2007 5:50 pm

Hi,

Ok - will await your email - though please be advised it could be the morning before we can replace the codes already supplied - but rest assured will do as quickly as possible.

Thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com