Mixing ESCapes and Messaging interfaces

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

musabio
User

Mixing ESCapes and Messaging interfaces

Post by musabio » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:36 pm

I'm currently using the ESCape interface to the driver to generate the PDF and email it, but in order to work around a couple of limitations in this approach (no BCC support, no error reporting, especially for SMTP), I'm thinking of using the SDK interfaces instead. My question relates to how much of my existing ESCape code I can preserve. If I am going to use the NetLib for the email operation, then I need to know when the PDF file is fully written. It seems that the best way to determine that is by using the message/registry interface and waiting for the PDFX3_DocSaved message.

Finally, here's the question: Can I continue to use the ESCapes and just add the messaging interface in order to get the PDFX3_DocSaved message? Or, is it the case that once I create the HKCU\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3.0\Drivers\Control\Receips registry entry, I must use only that interface (rather than the ESCape interface)?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:34 am

Hi,

You can indeed use both methods (ESCape and Messaging) together as desired.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com