Mailmerge

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

sten2006
User

Mailmerge

Post by sten2006 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:34 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to do the following:

I have a Word mailmerge list of names and addresses (with an account number). I would like to send (from Word) a standard letter to each address and generate a pdf file for each letter (not one large pdf with all the letters).
Each pdf should be named as the account number (eg A12345.pdf).
All the Files to be put into a named folder.

We have the PDF-Xchange SDK, though I presume an end-user licence would be required to do this ?

Thanks,

Steve

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi Steve,

It should be possible to code this using the SDK if you create an application to open Word, generate the mail merged letter and then print to the SDK driver passing your SDK license info as part of your code - then using the MAPI or SMTP methods provided output to a suitable mail client or Server.

You would really need to use the OFFice COM object to achieve a smooth and desire-able app - but it is perfectly possible.

There is a lot of info available on using Office COM here which should get you started :

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/default.aspx

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com