Can I specify the email address display name

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

timfreemans4s
User

Can I specify the email address display name

Post by timfreemans4s » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:27 am

Hi,

I have been testing the demo API and I am a little unclear about specifying the email addresses.

I would like to specify the display name;

eg. "Test Address1" <address1@bla.com>; "Test Address2" <address2@bla.com>

However this does not work with outlook, but the following does (found purely by experimentation):

<"Test Address1" address1@bla.com>; <"Test Address2" address2@bla.com>

Then to make matters more difficult, there seems to be inconsistency across different email clients (eg Outlook Express, Eudora, Thunderbird). Is there a way around this issue in the Driver API (eg some specific semantics for email addresses in the API - for defining display names and address)? Or is this just a MAPI problem with no solution?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:26 am

Hi,

the recipients' list may contain one or more items separated by a comma ',' or semicollon ';'.

Each item may be in the form:
"Display name" <email@address> or just - email@address

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com