ADO error after processing SavedDoc message in Delphi

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

PerfectLaw
User

ADO error after processing SavedDoc message in Delphi

Post by PerfectLaw » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi,

I'm tracking the PdfXCMsg_StartDoc, PdfXCMsg_EndDoc and PdfXCMsg_DocSaved messages to know when the PDF generated document is ready.

After that, I need to create a database record as a profile for the document and I'm using Delphi awith ADO database access.

Once I track the messages ADO is not working anymore and I receive and error "Invalid arguments" on any attempt to use SQL.

If I don't track the messages, ADO works fine after the document has been processed.

The code used to track the messages is the same that is used in the official exDrvAPI example for Delphi.

Do you know a solution for this problem?

Thanks

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:06 am

Hi,

Can you please provide a simple, sample demo project showing this - please provide both compiled and source and some simple instructions on use.

Finally - please zip the files and if your license info is inlcuded in the project code - please dont post here - but send to userfiles@tracker-software.com.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

PerfectLaw
User

ADO error after processing SavedDoc msg in Delphi is solved

Post by PerfectLaw » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:03 pm

PDF-XChange API messaging system is not causing any problem with ADO as stated in previous message.

The error in ADO queries after processing Start_Doc, End_Doc and Saved_Doc messages was due to a form in the project that intercepted messages at application level and did some process on them resulting in messages not formatted properly for ADO.

I apologize for the initial posting. Was our mistake.

Also, we like to thank the DocuTrack support team for their fast attention to our question.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:40 am

Pleasure and very pleased to hear its now resolved :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com