WordPerfect Spooling Cancellation Error

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

karthiv
User

WordPerfect Spooling Cancellation Error

Post by karthiv » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:53 pm

Hi,

I am using the PDF Xchange Pro Evaluation Copy for testing. I am trying to convert WordPerfect documents to PDF. This is working well. But, When I press the cancel button of the Spooling dialog window during conversion, this results in a continuous error dialogs. First I get the 'Failed platform function StartPage' Error. Next, it gives the 'Failed platform function EndPage' Error. Continuously this errors pops up without cancelling the process. I have to use the 'Control Alt del' button to end the process. I am also attaching the error dialogs zip. My Current OS is Windows XP and I use Delphi for the conversion program.

Please help me to resolve the issue.
Attachments
WordPerfect Errors.zip
(14.77 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:40 pm

Hi Kathy,

this is one of those 'rare' occassions when we can do nothing.

We added this ability under 'duress' as we were aware at the time that it would not be possible to support from every application, as some applications are just not capable of.

However - we were requested so many times by developer's to add the ability that eventually conceeded - but it is a limitation of WP rather than a bug in PDF-XChange I am afraid and one of those features where you are damned if you dont offer it and damned if you do :(
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

karthiv
User

Post by karthiv » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:50 pm

thanks for the reply. I think I have to live with it. :cry:

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:21 pm

Thanks for your understanding and sorry on this occasion we could not help more.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com