PDFX3SA_sm Help

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

CodeMonkey
User

PDFX3SA_sm Help

Post by CodeMonkey » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:01 am

Hi,
Im developing a vb program that is using the XChnage printer driver to
output a pdf. so far it works well, but the output has your branding on it. how do i remove this. i have a full copy of your product.

in brief. my app starts and the installs your printer driver via PDFX3SA_sm.exe

what must i do?

on your spport page it says

If you are having problems using your serial number to remove the demo stamp on output - Please Copy/paste this in the installer - dont type - almost certainly you have not entered it correctly !!!

One Exception to the above - if you own PDF-XChange 'Pro' and your serial number begins 'PXC..' - you do need a new serial number to use PDF-Tools. Please contact us for this to be re-issued.

but there is not link? what must i copy? and from where?

Regards
Codemonkey

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:47 am

Hi,

Do you have the developer version or the end user version License ?

If you are controlling and outputting PDF's using the developer version of the drivers API and the functions from the SDK - you require a developer's License and license keys - these are then passed in your application code using the appropriate developer functions - then you will not see the watermarks printed on each page as you do now.

Please advise which License you have purchased and I can then be more specific in my advice.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

CodeMonkey
User

PDFX3SA_sm Help

Post by CodeMonkey » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:16 am

I am using the developer version...

The prgram in written in vba..all it does it install the printer driver as described..do I need to call your api to register myself as a developer before I get my vba program to to print to pdf? If so..can you explain.

Here are the steps I am currently doing

1) Installing the printerdriver via the PDFX3SA_sm exe in slient mode
2) Printing my document to the XChange driver
3) Thats it..what have i forgotten to do

Regards
CM

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:14 am

Hi,

You must pass your license Serial and devloper code to the driver within you code.

Please see the VB example's :

VBExAPI and VBExCOM

These show you how to use and also the functions to use to pass your license info - this will ensure you do not see the Watermarks printed at the top of each page when using the PDF-XChange Drivers SDK in evaluation mode - as you are effectively doing at this time.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com