Remove watermark

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

kenbla
User

Remove watermark

Post by kenbla » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:48 pm

Hello,
Is it possible to remove a watermark from a PDF document?
I have written a program tohat adds a watermark to PDF documents in a folder and that works fine and now I want to "reverse" the process!!
I guess I can rewrite the documents with at blank as the watermark but is there a better way?
Regards,
Kenbla

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:22 pm

Hi,

Theoretically yes - practically no.

There are many considerations based on how the PDF was generated - but whatever the answer to this question - you would need to use our Low Level API functions in the XCPRO35 Library and these require extensive and in depth knowledge of the PDF Format and specification.

Far easier to re-generate the PDF's I promise ! :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com