License key Stopped Working Win7-64bit

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

griffo
User

License key Stopped Working Win7-64bit

Post by griffo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 am

A client has moved replaced their trusty Win2000 server with a new Win7-Pro 64bit PC.

Now all PDFs generated by my Clarion system are showing the Tracker demo/BuyNow images. Also, generation time for the PDFs seems to have doubled ( though this may be because they have been supplied a PC with an inadequate processor).

I suspect that the problem may be due to the driver sdk license is for v3.5 but they have installed PDF drivers 3.6

Should my license keys for v3.5 work on a Win7 64 bit PC?

Thanks

John Griffiths

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: License key Stopped Working Win7-64bit

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:27 am

Hello John,

Please write to us at sales@tracker-software.com with your license information and we will be able to advise if there are any problems with the license.

Additionally - v3 of our drivers is having problems on 64 bit Windows systems as it was designed well before 64 bit computing was common for desktop PCs - and as such is a 32 bit only app and yo umight need to upgrade your SDK license and products to our current latest version to support Win7 (and Vista) x64. We would be able to advise you of the upgrade cost as well once you e-mail us your license.

Best,
Stefan

griffo
User

Post by griffo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:42 am

Stefan

I have sent the details to sales@

I suspect the problem _may_ be because the program is built with drivers 3.5 but the client has installed the driver 3.60.0130

Would this cause the problem I am seeing ?

John Griffiths

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi John,

I see that we followed up on your e-mail you wrote to sales@ so shall we consider this topic resolved?

Best,
Stefan