Create multiple printers during install

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's TIFF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (All Versions).

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

DennisOwen
User

Create multiple printers during install

Post by DennisOwen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:54 pm

I would like to create several printers during the install process that print to different directories and have other differences (some black and white others color for example). Is this possible to do with the end user version? I can wrap your install and launch a process after installation of TIFF-XChange is completed, but I am not sure the best way to proceed.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:39 am

Hi Dennis,

the easiest way to to achieve this is to install multiple times and provide a specific printer name on install using the ssilent install switches provided - please see the help file for more info - but there is one switch not documented I believe :

· /PName= (Optional) printer renaming.

Sets the TIFF-XChange printer name as required -
i.e. : /PName="TIFF-XChange for my application"

Please note that the string content must begin and end with double quote marks (")

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com