Printing with Outlook 2003

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's TIFF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (All Versions).

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

robk
User

Printing with Outlook 2003

Post by robk » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:40 am

I have TIFF-Xchange V3 configured as follows:

<b>Page Setup</b>

Horizontal Resolution 200dpi
Vertical Resolution: 200dpi

<b>Save</b>

Use Predefined Values : I have a custom application specified in Path and FileName

Store Each Page in Seperate File

<b>Finish</b>

Run Application after Printing
I have specified the name of my application in the Application field

<b><u>THE PROBLEM</u></b>

This works perfectly with my application except that quite often in Outlook 2003 it doesnt work; when I go into the printer properties in Outlook they have all reset to the defaults. In Printers in the Control Panel all the settings are unaffected but Outlook has forgotten them. If I re-enter them in the Print dialog in Outlook then it all works again and the problem goes away - until it comes back later after a random amount of time (from hours to weeks).

This happens on over 50 different PCs of different hardware/software configurations so the problem is not machine specific, and it only ever does it in Outlook - every other application works great.

Please help me, the phone doesnt stop ringing with people complaining Outlook wont print - and they cant grasp how to re-enter the values manually. :?

Cheers

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:49 pm

Hi Rob,

apologies for the delay - but it has taken a while to get to the bottom of this - which we believe we now have.

There is a revised version now available for download which hopefully will resolve this for you - from this page :

http://www.tracker-software.com/downloads/users/
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

robk
User

Post by robk » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi

I installed the new software, everything has been working fine for two weeks but this morning we had our first call since the update, it is still happening.

Any ideas?

robk
User

Post by robk » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:42 pm

I have just discovered that this problem is not random at all. In actual fact it happens every time a plain text email is printed, when printing a HTML formatted email it works just fine.

On a separate note, changing the settings on TIFF Exchange crashes on clicking OK ever since the new version of the software was installed.

Cheers

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:54 am

Hi Rob,

Investigating now and will advise as soon as possible.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:31 pm

Hi Rob,

We have tried this on several machines and cannot reproduce - can you please advise the Windows version in use ?

Best regards
Tracker Support

robk
User

Printing In Outlook 2003

Post by robk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:49 am

We use Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Outlook 2003

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:21 am

Thanks - still somewhat 'baffled' - but will take another look.

Best regards
Tracker Support

robk
User

Post by robk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:32 pm

Not sure if this will help you track the problem but as I said on a previous post the problem happens when trying to print a plain text email to TIFF-Exchange.
When printing a plain text email Outlook brings up different print settings, trying to print as a memo, it seems that this process of setting the document up as a memo is what's causing TIFF-Exchange to reset its settings.

Cheers

robk
User

Post by robk » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:51 pm

Any progress with this issue? Its still a nightmare here as its happening all over the building for all memo style emails

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi,

We stillcannot reproduce - do you have the latest Office service pack 3 installed ?

Best regards
Tracker Support

robk
User

Post by robk » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:54 am

We have Office 2003 Service Pack 3 and it happens on PCs running either Vista or XP Service Pack 2

It is all memo style emails, when printing them to Tiff-XChange

Roman - Tracker Supp
Power User

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi.
Could I contact you directly - via some kind of IM (ICQ, MSN, Skype, etc)?
Tracker Software Products

Please ZIP any files uploaded to this forum or they will not be posted !
You may also use a RAR or 7Z archive format

robk
User

Re: Printing with Outlook 2003

Post by robk » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:33 am

I dont have anything like that but I can be contacted by email at the registered address, I am available 9-5 Monday to Friday

Cheers